What you’ll be doing
Leveraging our vast expertise in genomic data analysis, Congenica has created a new genomic solutions service business that will be used on a range of data sources and tools to address questions related to genotype – phenotype relationships and seed new genetic driven diagnosis tools, therapeutic research and clinical development. This role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, successful candidate to drive our growing global Pharma, CRO and Academic Medical Centre businesses. You will utilize your existing network within genetic driven R&D organizations to drive opportunity conversion and revenue targets. This is a real opportunity to make an impact on the business, shape your role as we grow and make a difference in the lives of patients around the world.
The position although specific for the new genomic solution services offering, is supported by a global sales team and will work closely with the SVP of Genomic Solutions.
What will you be responsible for?
- Developing our pharma and biotech opportunity funnel and strategies in collaboration with SVP, Genomic Solutions to provide unique value propositions that set us apart from other competitors
- Organising and prioritizing potential partnerships based on customer strategy and needs acting as a valuable strategic partner
- Actively managing pipeline opportunities with dedicated use of SalesForce to ensure visibility of revenue and KPI monitoring.
- Working effectively with the extended team of customer support, product management, to ensure account acquisition, onboarding and maintenance as effective and efficient as possible and working closely with the marketing department to drive new lead generation
- Managing the sales budget for the genomic service offering
- Monitoring market and competitor activity – benchmarking cost and services of competitors
- Identifying where improvements can be made and developing success-driven plans
- Monitoring customer activity and stewarding relationships for additional projects
- Delivering insightful sales and market intelligence reporting
- Leading complex partnership negotiations, develop proposals, quotes, and responses to request for proposals (RFPs) to gain new sales
- Understanding prospects’ needs and be able to effectively communicate how Congenica’s offering addresses the prospect’s needs and translate this into our product strategy and development
What skills, qualifications and experience do you need to succeed in this role?
- Proven track record in a solution and insight-selling environment involving health data
- Previous experience working in a partnership/alliance role with an understanding of the decision making process in these companies
- Previous experience of working in a complex sales environment (pharma drug discovery to diagnostics to clinical development.)
- Large account and enterprise sales experience
- Can utilize existing relationships with strategic alliances/BD in pharma/Biotech, CRO, and AMC to create new opportunities
- High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer)
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams
- The ability to influence both internally and externally
- Willing to travel up to 70% when environment allows
- Adaptable, credible, trustworthy
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team
- A team player, but able to work independently in the field
Great to haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences is preferred or years’ experience
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!