Would you like to automate test for a world leading digital health platform? Can you design and automate test cases for complex, data-centric web applications? We are looking for two more senior test engineers to join our QA team, architecting and extending Congenica’s test framework.
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
What you’ll be doing
Working at Congenica you will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
About the role
As a member of the product development team and test team you will work in Scrum teams to write new test cases and develop automated tests for new and existing functionality. You’ll be building supporting test infrastructure code for our test automation framework that drives end-to-end system test for the Congenica platform. You will work within the development teams from requirements to completion to ensure the quality of newly delivered features combining manual and automated tests in Python and Selenium as well as in depth API testing.
The team you will be joining is building a scalable cloud-based platform and web application. You’ll get to work across the breadth of the Congenica application interacting with the web UI, API and the Kubernetes infrastructure.
What will you be responsible for?
- Identify and prepare test cases
- Develop and run automated tests
- Review test cases and automated tests developed by other test engineers
- Investigate test failures, raise bugs and work with development teams to resolve issues
- Ensure that all test documentation adheres to ISO standards
- Analyse and verify bug fixes
- Providing QA input on new features: from requirements to completion
- Perform exploratory testing
- Perform manual testing when required
- Provide QA expertise as part of an Agile development team.
What knowledge, skills and abilities will you need to succeed in this role?
You are passionate about the delivery of quality products and the automation of complex, data centric web applications. You are skilled in the design and automation of tests and thrive in a team solving complex problems with a pragmatic mindset. You’ll be curious, keen to learn and have the drive to work with a growing technical team. You will be able to share knowledge of best test practice with the wider team.
- Fast learner, able to get up to speed quickly.
- Capable of building professional relationships across multiple departments.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver.
- Capable of working alone and as part of a team.
- Focused on developing new ways to improve processes
- Experience with Python and Selenium WebDriver
- Automated testing experience
- Manual testing experience
- Confident writing clear, concise test cases
- Ability to write bug reports with supporting evidence
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation, or Higher
- SQL database knowledge
- Experience with JIRA
- Genomics/Bioinformatic knowledge
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company, then apply now!