Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
What you’ll be doing
Congenica’s AI team is developing cutting edge machine learning-based solutions to generate clinically actionable findings which can improve the diagnosis of diseases and generate personalised treatment options for each patient.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will join our AI team and your key objectives will include leveraging vast amounts of genomic and clinical data to help to develop end-to-end healthcare solutions that will have a real impact on people lives. You will be responsible for driving projects and influencing the techniques applied to various AI products that will play a key part to the success of the company. You will be working closely with the clinical teams, data team, and engineering teams.
Although we fully support remote working, we do also encourage regular face-to-face interactions, which we consider an important aspect in establishing strong relationships amongst co-workers. For this role we’d be looking for someone to spend at least 4 days per month in the office at a minimum once the environment allows.
What will you be responsible for?
In this role, you will be involved in the following:
- You will be playing a key role in further developing our existing AI/ML models.
- You will be evaluating, testing, deploying, and maintaining our AI/ML pipelines.
- You will be leveraging both internal and external large datasets for implementing innovative AI/ML solutions for the healthcare sector.
- You will be reviewing academic papers to establish utility for our challenges.
What skills, qualifications and experience do you need to succeed in this role?
Solid understanding of machine learning and statistics.
- Good understanding of genetics and genomics either academically or from working in this domain.
- Strong Python programming skills including data analysis libraries such as pandas and scikit-learn, and test frameworks such as pytest.
- Experience in working with large datasets.
- Practical knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work as part of a self-organised team providing daily updates within an agile framework.
- High degree of initiative and confident problem solver capable of working both in teams and independently.
- Great Team player passionate about delivering impactful results.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
Great to haves
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning or Computational Biology or similar
- Hands-on experience deploying applications through container orchestration systems (Docker and Kubernetes) and cloud computing/storage infrastructures.
- Working experience with Spark and Hadoop.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and bash scripting.
- Experience with working with personally identifiable information.
- Proven track record of publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Use of best practices in the design and development of production-level software including continuous integration and deployment.
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.