What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join us as the Head of DevOps. You will develop the overall DevOps strategy, owning and delivering the roadmap to ensure Congenica is equipped to satisfy both the regulatory requirements globally and our customer’s expectation to have a robust product. This strategy will align with our agile transformation and will drive deeper collaboration across engineering and DevOps enabling greater operational efficiencies, continuous improvement, and ensure platform availability, stability, scalability, and performance. You will take ownership of cloud architecture and on-premises application strategy, enabling quicker and efficient delivery of high-quality software. This is a great opportunity to really make an impact both on the business and for our customers.
When we return to the campus, we would like the person in this role to spend some regular time in the office. We are flexible to discuss what this might look like.
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
What will you be responsible for?
- Defining and delivering the overall DevOps strategy across engineering, providing direction and influencing key stakeholders across Product, DevOps and Engineering.
- Establishing and directing a devops team that are embedded across multiple agile teams.
- Architecture, design of Multi cloud SaaS platform on AWS and other cloud platforms.
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS.
- Implementing and managing solutions to improve the deployment and maintenance of highly available and scalable SaaS applications on the AWS platform.
- Implementing, managing, and maintaining process automation tools.
- Interfacing with Product, Commercial and Customer Services as key source of knowledge of DevOps and infrastructure process.
- Advocating DevOps Practices
What skills, experience and qualification do you need to succeed in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Track record of leading and developing DevOps engineers mentoring skills to teach junior members of the DevOps team to become great all-round testers.
- Significant experience & skill in deployment automation / configuration management / infrastructure as code: using at least one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation
- Significant skill in defining and leading monitoring of IaaS platforms and SaaS applications (utilising available APIs)
- Significant knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system administration and one or more scripting languages (e.g., bash, perl, python).
- Ability to administer and lead advancements in continuous integration, preferably using Hudson/Jenkins.
- Knowledge of best practices surrounding cloud infrastructure, taking into account security, networking and performance considerations.
- Experience of developing, deploying and managing on-premises applications and infrastructure.
- Experience with relevant automation tools: E.g., Ansible, Vagrant, Terraform, Puppet, Hudson/Jenkins or similar
- Experience with AWS services: CloudFormation, ECS, Route 53, S3, ELB, RDS
- Experience of working in an Agile environment in a similar role.
- Familiarity with penetration testing and intrusion detection systems
- Experience of addressing scaling challenges in a cloud infrastructure environment.
- Experience of operating in a heavily regulated environment. Knowledge of ISO27001, ISO13485, PCI-DSS, HIPAA etc. a must.
- Technical project management.
- Release management.
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise.
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team.
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!