What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the CFO, this role will be helping to drive the finance agenda throughout the business and supporting the development of a small finance team as the business grows. As an early-stage company there will be elements of hands on work in this role as well as the ability to shape the financial strategy of the organisation. This role can also provide opportunities for candidates who want to gain experience or fundraising, strategy development and exit readiness. In this role you will be empowered to make decisions and really see the impact and value that you can bring to the business.
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
What will you be responsible for?
- Preparation and submission of UK year end statutory accounts.
- Financial reporting across the group, including tax and treasury affairs.
- In partnership with the CFO and Finance Manager, design and implement systems and processes that will deliver meaningful MI and statutory reporting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support month end ensuring accuracy of the numbers.
- Initiate and lead cost reviews ensuring best value for the company.
- Ensuring all global entities are appropriately set up and funded.
- Implement strong systems, processes and controls suitable for a Nasdaq / FTSE listed company.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and review to a small finance team.
- Review and optimise the day-to-day accounting and processing and automate the financial systems (we currently have Netsuite in place).
- Accounting standards and ensuring adherence to IFRS and development of accounting policy documents, particularly revenue recognition and capitalisation of R&D costs.
- Improve the financial intelligence in the business through insightful analysis, reporting and systems.
- Tax strategy and ensuring tax risks are appropriately managed and controlled.
- Support any M&A, partnership agreements and new business areas.
- Support the annual budget and forecasting process.
- Management and reporting of risks.
- Preparation of Board and other reports.
- Support exit strategy.
- Support business planning, forecasting, pricing and financial models.
What skills, experience and qualification do you need to succeed in this role?
- 10 years PQE
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong leadership / mentoring experience
- Previous experience in scaling a small business
- Strong financial reporting and accounting skills
- Strong excel skills
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise.
- Able to take people on a journey and influence
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage ambiguity and mitigate risk
Great to haves
- Netsuite experience
- Biotech experience
- SaaS experience
- Exit experience e.g. IPO
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!