Junior Clinical Project Manager (2-Year FTC)
About the role
In this new role you will be supporting the successful delivery of multidisciplinary projects through coordination with project stakeholders both internally and externally, monitoring progress of project activities, identifying risks within project plans and helping solve challenges
You will work as part of the clinical team and engage with multiple teams across the company, including innovation, data science, product development and engineering.
You will primarily be responsible for managing an Innovate UK project, tracking key tasks and supporting timely delivery of milestones and reporting progress to multiple stakeholders. In addition, you will be involved in other cross-functional projects and you will help establish pathways to translate innovation outputs into the product roadmap.
This is a remote role and we envisage limited travel once the environment allows.
What will you be responsible for?
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop project plans.
- Identify and manage resource requirements for the delivery of project plans.
- Liaise with project stakeholders to identify risks and work to propose and effect mitigation.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the efficient execution of projects
- Keep up-to-date project plans.
- Monitor and track progress of project activities to ensure key deliverables and milestones are met.
- Participate in preparation and management of project budgets.
- Liaise with finance to monitor spend against budget.
- Monitor and report on progress of project to all stakeholders.
- Monitor project activities to ensure compliance with protocols.
- Identify project problems, inform investigators of problems and assist in problem resolution efforts such as protocol revisions.
- Prepare project-related documentation such as progress reports.
- Communicate with investigators regarding findings.
- Update and liaise with product managers with project progress and outcomes to facilitate transition to product roadmap where appropriate.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure the business is aware and committed to provide required resources
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
What knowledge, skills and abilities will you need to succeed in this role?
- Degree Qualified in Life Sciences or relevant area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert user of MS Project or comparable project management software.
- Previous project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent personal organisation.
- Strong presentation skills and previous experience of presenting reported updates to stakeholders.
- The ability to work well to deadlines and manage scheduling of meetings/resource to meet planned timelines
- Attention to detail.
- Experience running complex projects
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
Great to haves
- Experience in clinical research, clinical studies, clinical trials
- Familiarity with Agile project management
- PRINCE2 qualified
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!