Field Application Scientist – EMEA
What You’ll be doing
As a member of the growing Commercial team, you will be providing prospective and existing customers with product guidance, training, support and scientific advice. To work with customers to identify and resolve their requirements and needs whilst building strong relationships, customer loyalty and supporting business growth. This is a new role and there is scope to make the role your own and really have add value and make an impact. This role will be a remote role based in Germany so fluent German is a requirement for the role.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
What will you be responsible for?
- Build and maintain positive relationship with customers
- Work with the Commercial team to engage with customers and potential new clients, including identifying and qualification of customer requirements.
- Travel to visit customers to provide onsite technical expertise, customer relationship management and/or training (up to 50%) when Covid restrictions allow.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of all customer interactions and customer information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce
- Support the Commercial team in seminars and activities such as conference booth attendance, etc. virtual or in person when the environment allows.
- Assist with the development, production and publication of technical documentation and training materials, such as FAQs, technical notes, online tutorials and webinars, how to guides, manuals etc. to educate customers.
- Follow documented workflows, SOPs and key processes to deliver world-class support.
- Carry out core customer implementation activities including customer configuration, on-boarding and training.
- Capture feedback on performance and customer satisfaction to facilitate the continuous improvement of Congenica products.
- Provide first and second-line support to customers and act as the primary point of contact for customer support issues.
What skills, experience and qualification do you need to succeed in this role?
- BSc in Genetics/Genomics, Molecular Biology, Biology, Genomics, Bioinformatics or related subject.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent/Native German
- Excellent written & Oral English language skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks based on urgency and importance
- Demonstrated understanding of human genomics and sequence analysis workflows.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role.
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team
- Professional appearance and able to produce high standards of work
Great to haves
• MSc/PhD in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biology, Genomics, Bioinformatics or related subject
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic Linux skills (SSH, basic file operations)
• Basic SQL skills
• Previous experience of using Salesforce
• Fluent French or another European language
- Previous experience in customer support role
- Demonstrated teaching/training experience
- Demonstrated experience in a genomics research/lab setting
- Demonstrated experience working in clinical setting
- Experience with SaaS products.
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!