Key Account Manager – US (Northwest)
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
In this exciting new position, you will be actively identifying, managing, and closing new and existing sales opportunities. You will be developing and utilising your existing network within Healthcare and Clinical Diagnostic sales in both academia and commercial environments to drive opportunity conversion and revenue targets. This is a real opportunity to make an impact on the business and shape your role with us as we grow.
- US field-based position
- Effectively manage territory sales pipeline on a day-to-day basis
- Plan, manage, and execute day-to-day activities with the VP Sales America to deliver on sales targets
- Develop and execute revenue generating sales opportunities aligned with our goals
- Lead complex sales negotiations, develop proposals, quotes, and responses to request for proposals (RFPs) to gain new sales
- Understand prospects’ needs and be able to effectively communicate how Congenica’s offering addresses the prospect’s needs
- Manage your territory prospects and existing customers in CRM system (Salesforce) for both daily activities and to integrate with the global sales team
- Actively engage with members of the technical and clinical teams to ensure successful pre-, during, and post-sales customer satisfaction
- Participate in workshops, user meetings, and conferences to build and strengthen networks and pipeline
- Frequent travel required
What skills, qualifications and experience do you need to succeed in this role?
- Master or Bachelor degree or equivalent in a life science, or other relevant field, ideally with some clinical genetics component
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Skilled in a highly technical product offering with an emphasis on clinical decision support software
- Large account and enterprise sales experience
- Previous experience of working in a complex sales environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Frequent travel required
- Proven relevant experience in a sales role, preferably in the area of, or related to, clinical bioinformatics and/or genomics
- Existing networks within academia and clinical diagnostics
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Proven experience of actively identifying, managing and closing new as well as existing sales opportunities
- Solid operational sales and sales process experience
- Experience using salesforce.com
- Proven experience using Return on Investment (ROI) value proposition in the sales process
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team
- A team player, but able to work independently in the field
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!