Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a DevOps engineer. The role will involve hands on experience and training with a range of technologies; container orchestration (Kubernetes), automated deployment and configuration management (Ansible, Terraform), continuous integration (Jenkins, CircleCI), source code control (Git), databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL), monitoring (Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk), cloud platforms (AWS, Alicloud), as well as more traditional Linux systems administration. You will have a passion for DevOps culture, be a methodical thinker, security minded, and committed to producing quality code and documentation.
What will you be responsible for?
As part of the DevOps team maintain and develop the Congenica SaaS platform, and designing, creating and implementing new infrastructure. Building automation for increased speed and reliability of deployment activities. Supporting the internal development of the Congenica software platform leading to high quality, high reliability production software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience of deployment automation eg. Terraform
- Knowledge of Configuration management: one of Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating systems and one or more scripting languages (e.g. bash, perl, python).
- Experience working with Continuous integration platforms, (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Proficient in source code control, preferably git
- Experience of container environments (Docker)
- Good knowledge of cloud service providers (AWS, Google, Azure, Alicloud)
- Working experience of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of working with hypervisor technologies (VMware)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming/Systems, Scientific or related field;
- Or equivalent work experience Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- ITIL Certification
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver.
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise. Self-driven to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Enthusiastic to share knowledge and skills within the team.
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!