Corporate Communications Manager (UK)
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
About the Role
We are looking for a motivated and talented Corporate Communications Manager to propel the Congenica brand through consistent messaging and strategy. You will oversee all internal and external communications for the company, ensuring our message is consistent and engaging. This role will report to the Head of Marketing and work in close collaboration with the wider Commercial, Marketing and Product Marketing teams and with Congenica’s marketing and communications agency partners.
- Creating informative content for internal and external audiences
- Develop brand collateral, press releases, articles and media opportunities to share our company’s brand, products and services.
- Responsible for producing high-quality contract that engages customers and builds brand recognition
- Develop and implement effective communications campaigns and strategies that build brand awareness and customer loyalty
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of inspirational communications to effectively communicate the value and impact of Congenica to stakeholders
- Develop and manage a corporate communications plan encompassing content for webinars, conferences, website and media, working with Marketing, Product and Clinical teams and external communications agencies to deliver the plan
- Create communication programmes to support new product launches, events, and promotions
- Oversee the creation of engaging, informative and exciting marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with Congenica’s brand and regulatory status, including evidence pieces, website copy, social media content and email newsletters
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign’s level of success
- Work with our corporate communications agency to develop compelling content and press releases for trade and business media
- Supervise projects to ensure all content is publication-ready, meeting internal approvals and regulatory compliance
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will engage Congenica team members
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant scientific field
- 5+ years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
- Experience of communicating complex science or technology in a B2B environment is beneficial
Skills & Abilities
- High level of presentation and organisational skills
- Proven success designing and executing communications strategies and campaigns
- Demonstrable ability to communicate complex messages in a simple, meaningful and impactful way
- Proven experience creating targeted content
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with content management systems and desktop publishing software desirable
- Excellent communicator
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work with others, and willing to contribute to team
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference, then apply now!