Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
Working at Congenica
You will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes
The Product Manager / Product Owner’s role is to form a bridge between the technical organisation, the marketplace and Congenica’s commercial team. The role must represent the product to the market, through activities such as providing the Commercial team with product documentation, represent the product to the market place through Congenica’s Marketing team and represent the sector and customers to the Development teams to ensure that they understand product development priorities and needs.
- Work with internal stakeholders, prospects and customers to understand product feature needs including new modules, required integrations, additional features to existing functions, usability enhancements etc.
- Work with customers to understand their priorities and business challenges to determine product features
- Ensure requirements for product features are understood, designed, architecture and developed, tested and delivered through agile scrum framework, by working closely with the Development scrum teams through to release
- Work with the Development team through backlog refinement and prioritisation through sprint planning and sprint reviews to ensure developments are fit for purpose and satisfy customer/market requirements
- Specify User Experience & User Interface requirements as required
- Communicate scope changes and release risks to the Senior Product Manager
- Manage Alpha/Beta (testing) programs; work with customer support on beta testing
- Prepare/complete release documentation
- Prepare/manage new and existing product documentation
- Manage and communicate product releases to all internal and external stakeholders
- Support Commercial team in product launch activities.
Essential attributes candidate must have on entering the role
- Degree level qualified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- An aptitude for written communication and an ability to produce documentation with ease.
- An ability to influence others regardless of position/seniority.
- An analytical approach to problem solving with business analysis skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn and digest technical, both software and genomic information
- Ability to assess multiple information points to come to balance judgement on market and customer requirements
- Understanding of the sales process and how to support it
- Sound knowledge of Product Management principles with experience in a software product company
- Strong customer facing skills with the ability to represent the company in a confident and professional manner
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver.
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise. Self-driven to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Enthusiastic to share knowledge and skills within the team.
- Professional appearance and able to produce high standards of work.
Essential attributes candidate may have on entering the role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the Genomics market space or other relevant life sciences industry
- Working knowledge of the use of Jira as an agile planning tool.
- Product Management experience in genomic software product company
- Experience of UX and UI design principles