Product Manager (Oncology)
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
What you’ll be doing
Working at Congenica you will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
About the role
Are you passionate about working in cutting edge Genomics technology in order to bring better patient outcomes in Oncology? Congenica has ambitious plans to shift the needle on the adoption of personalised medicine and we require a talented Oncology Product Manager to be instrumental in driving our solutions forward in this exciting and important space
You will be a key part of the Product Management team that forms a bridge between the technical organisation, the marketplace and commercial stakeholders such as Customers, Support and Sales.
You will play a critical part of the strategic and tactical ownership of Oncology Product and Services Roadmap, ensuring that the needs of all stakeholders are represented, and that planned development is qualified externally and clearly communicated. Your role will be to join a team representing the product to the marketplace, liaising with internal stakeholders and providing appropriate information and enablement materials and supporting external communications via appropriate channels.
- Work with internal stakeholders & customers to understand product feature gaps including required integrations, missing features, usability enhancements and non-functional requirements.
- Work with customers and other appropriate resources, such as Key Opinion Leaders, to understand their priorities & business challenges to determine product features
- Assess competitive landscape and wider market to ensure commercial alignment and establish potential points of distinctive competence
- Define & prioritize market-driven requirements for product features – including Epic & User Story/User Case development, ensuring the prioritisation and technical understanding of requirements matches customer and market expectations.
- Specify workflows for the product
- Specify performance, scalability & other non-functional requirements
- Specify User Experience & User Interface requirements as required
- Communicate product feature priorities & requirements to engineering in coordination with the Agile Product Owners
- Work with engineering throughout a release to understand technical/architecture decisions & end customer impact
- Work with engineering to review completed features to ensure fit to customer/market requirements
- Communicate scope changes & release risk to the Senior Product Manager
- Work with Product Marketing on both external go-to-market activities and internal enablement
- Work with Engineering and Product Owners to schedule requirements into releases
- Monitor progress to ensure agreed deliverables are progressed as planned
- Manage all elements of the product release process (documentation, communication, etc)
- Manage Beta (testing) programs and work with customer support on beta testing
- Support commercial teams as appropriate
You will be someone who has prior experience of the oncology tissue analysis market or related oncology field such as Immune pathology, molecular diagnosis or medical imaging. You will have an appreciation of the product licensing processes in EU, US and China (IVDR, FDA and NMPA), covering both regulatory and commercial (payment) aspects. You will bring product management expertise to the role and have a strong technical and scientific background (life science degree and ideally Masters or PhD in clinical field); demonstrated in your ability to search, understand, and synthesize medical literature. Your previous PM experience will have been in a SaaS business and will also encompass developing regulated medical products.
An ability to rapidly learn and digest both technical, software and genomic information will be key to your success as will be the ability to assess multiple information points to come to a balanced judgement on market and customer requirements.
Other key characteristics of someone successful in this role would be a strong commercial understanding and strategic approach, enthusiasm, collaboration and the ability to both listen to others and communicate a compelling story.
If this sounds like you, and you would like to join a growing company then apply now!