Senior Test Engineer
Would you like to automate test for a world leading digital health platform? Can you design and automate test cases for complex, data-centric web applications? Are you interested in working at the cutting edge of genomic medicine and making a real difference to patients with rare diseases around the world?
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating analysis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate the interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing life-changing answers for individuals and their families.
What you’ll be doing
Working at Congenica you will make a real impact on the lives of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services enable healthcare professionals to accurately, confidently and rapidly analyse complex genomic data and improve health outcomes.
About the role
As a member of the product development team and test team you will work in Scrum teams to develop new test cases and develop automated tests for new and existing functionality. You’ll be building supporting test infrastructure code for our test automation framework that drives end-to-end system test for the Congenica platform. You’ll implement in Python and automate the test of the platform at the API and User Interface level using tools like Selenium. You will work within the development teams from requirements to completion to help deliver new features.
The team you will be joining is building a scalable cloud-based platform and web application. You’ll work in Scrum teams to identify new test cases and automate those test cases. You’ll get to work across the breadth of the Congenica application and stack, from the web User Interface down through the full stack to the database, Docker containers and Kubernetes running on the Amazon Web Services cloud.
Working at Congenica you will make a real impact on the lives of thousands of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services have an immediate impact on a clinician’s ability to accurately, confidently and rapidly diagnose patients resulting in positive therapeutic outcomes.
- Identify and prepare test cases
- Develop and run automated tests
- Review test cases and automated tests developed by other test engineers
- Investigate test failures, raise bugs and work with development teams to resolve issues
- Analyse and verify bug fixes
- Providing QA input on new features: from requirements to completion
- Perform exploratory testing
- Perform manual testing when required
Who you are
You are passionate about automating the test of complex, data centric web applications. You are skilled in designing and automating tests and thrive in a team solving complex problems. You’ll be curious, have a learning mindset and have the drive to work with software engineers to design and develop well thought through tests to ensure the quality of our digital products. You’ll be pragmatic and focused on full automated testing of software systems. You’ll want to mentor and guide other engineers in the development of high-quality tests and infrastructure.
- Fast learner, able to get up to speed quickly.
- Capable of building professional relationships across multiple departments.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver.
- Capable of working alone and as part of a team.
- Focused on developing new ways to improve processes
- Experience with Python, and Selenium WebDriver
- Automated testing experience
- Manual testing experience
- Confident writing clear, concise test cases
- Ability to write bug reports with supporting evidence
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation, or Higher
- Experience testing web applications
- Genomics/Bioinformatic knowledge
- SQL database knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.