Strategic Key Account Manager
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating diagnosis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate clinical scientists’ interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing diagnosis for thousands of patients with rare diseases.
About the role
Congenica has two general types of customers, those that buy “out of the box” solutions that are standard and strategic or key accounts that purchase custom versions of our product combined with professional services such as development and/or Clinical Interpretation services.
In this exciting new role, you’ll be the primary account owner for Congenica’s strategic accounts and accountable for the transition from negotiation though close to the value growth phase of the buying lifecycle. You will own the development and implementation of a customer engagement plan in partnerships with other parts of the organisation. You will co-ordinate resource availability to deliver the customer engagement plan and to meet or exceed individual customer sales objectives.
This is a pivotal role and you will quickly be able to see the impact you can have on the business and the value that you can bring. Joining us as we scale and expand means you can really make your mark.
What will you be responsible for?
- Developing customer engagement plans that anticipate the delivery of the initial sales objectives and plans for continued growth of the value of the customer.
- Assessing, clarifying and validating key account requirements, involving technical experts as needed
- Aligning expectations of what products and services can be provided and when, clarifying roles and responsibilities as appropriate
- Negotiating contracts/commercial terms with the key account
- Deploying an effective project management discipline to the co-ordination and delivery of activities owned by the allocated cross functional Congenica resources
- Establishing and overseeing relevant metrics used to assess the health and value of the account, and ensuring revenue targets are met or exceeded
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Communication. Able to communicate across multi-media and influence at all levels within an organisation, including C-suite
- Business Acumen. Able to bring a business and economic perspective to Congenica’s KAM strategies.
- Adaptive Thinking. Provide creative and innovative solutions to our customers
- Collaboration. Adept at leveraging internal and external organisational resources
- Critical Thinking. Able to identify and challenge the assumptions underlying actions
- Organised. Able to prioritise and manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Proven track record of managing large, complex, multi-year Strategic Accounts.
- Experience at KAM support of SaaS-based products and services
- Experience in a regulated product environment such as healthcare
- Proficient at value-based selling
- Some knowledge of clinical diagnostics, imaging, the EHR/LIMS market or clinical genomics.
- Self-motivated. Proactive, results-driven and solutions oriented
- Accountable. Holds self and others to account and delivers against commitments made
- Resilient. Remains positive and persistent in the face of challenges
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing business and make a difference, then apply now! Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.