Director of Engineering
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating diagnosis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate clinical scientists’ interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing diagnosis for thousands of patients with rare diseases.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director of Engineering to join us as we grow the business. In this role you will have full responsibility for the strategic vision, management and execution of the engineering and associated teams. This is a critical role to the business and you will quickly be able to see the value you can bring and the impact you can make on the business.
What will you be responsible for?
- Lead the engineering team in the successful, efficient, and commercially focussed delivery of objectives.
- Ensure delivery of secure, high quality, well-tested and scalable software to meet customer and business requirements.
- Lead the definition of long-term software development and application strategies.
- Design, implement, and iteratively improve an end to end agile software development lifecycle to maintain responsiveness to commercial and product need whilst maintaining engineering effectiveness. This includes making use of team velocity, financials, and other KPIs to drive improvements in the team.
- Work directly with product management to co-produce an achievable roadmap with responsibility for delivery.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Ability to define, articulate and drive the vision, strategy, architecture, design and implementation of complex, large scale software systems.
- Able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of audiences
- An understanding of, and enthusiasm for, agile techniques with strong experience of the Agile development methodology and agile delivery best practice
- Highly knowledgeable and skilled in software development practices and techniques including automated unit, integration, system integration test
- Your style is collaborative and supportive, to encourage an organisation to continually optimise their code
- Strong working hands-on knowledge of technical project management using JIRA for development management, planning and analysis
- Excellent stakeholder facing and internal team communication skills
- Proven engineering leadership skills at director level
- Have been a software engineer and a manager, directing the build of user-focused products at pace
- Experience working in the digital health industry and understanding of it’s regulatory frameworks and requirements would be ideal
- Experience managing both in-house and offshore teams
- Self-motivated and results-driven, problem-solver.
- Friendly, approachable and builds positive personal and organisational relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Enthusiastic, hardworking, well organised and able to prioritise. Self-driven to learn new skills and knowledge.
- Enthusiastic to share knowledge and skills within the team.
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to join a growing company making a difference then apply now!