Software Developer in Test
Would you like to guide automated testing for a world leading digital health platform? Can you design, implement and deliver automated test frameworks for complex, data-centric web applications? Are you interested in working at the cutting edge of genomic medicine and making a real difference to patients with rare diseases around the world?
Who we are
Congenica is a digital health company developing the gold standard in genomic interpretation platforms for accelerating diagnosis of rare diseases from genomic data. Simply put, we develop and operate a web-based service to accelerate clinical scientists’ interpretation of complex genetic information with the goal of providing diagnosis for thousands of patients with rare diseases.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the product development team and test team you will lead the architecture and implementation of the test automation framework that will drive end-to-end system test for the Congenica platform. You’ll implement the framework in Python and automate the test of the platform at the API and User Interface level using tools like Selenium.
The team you will be joining is building a scalable cloud-based platform and web application. You’ll work in Scrum teams to identify new test cases and automate those test cases. You’ll get to work across the breadth of the Congenica application and stack, from the web User Interface down through the full stack to the database, Docker containers and Kubernetes running on the Amazon Web Services cloud.
Working at Congenica you will make a real impact on the lives of thousands of people around the world with rare diseases. Our products and services have an immediate impact on a clinician’s ability to accurately, confidently and rapidly diagnose patients resulting in positive therapeutic outcomes.
- Design and implement Congenica’s test automation framework
- Develop and run automated tests
- Prepare test cases in line with new feature developments inside Scrum teams
- Provide quality input on new features, from User Stories to completion
- Investigate test failures
- Investigate and verify bug fixes
- Perform manual testing
Who you are
You are passionate about automating the test of complex, data centric web applications. You are skilled in developing test automation frameworks and thrive in a team solving complex problems. You have the drive to direct the design and development of test automation frameworks that ensure the quality of digital products. You’ll be pragmatic and focused on full
automated testing of software systems.
- Self-starting, fast learner, able to get up to speed quickly
- Capable of building professional relationships across multiple departments
- Results-focused problem-solver
- Capable of working freely and as part of a team
- Focused on developing new ways to improve processes
- A good degree in a relevant subject
- Strong test automation framework development experience
- Excellent Python development skills
- Demonstrable use of Selenium WebDriver with Python
- Extensive automated testing experience with web applications
- Able to write clear, concise test cases
- Ability to write bug reports with supporting evidence
- Relational database knowledge including SQL
- Agile development knowledge
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation, or Higher
- Genomics/Bioinformatic knowledge
Congenica is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.