Congenica is a pioneering digital health company enabling genomic medicine, revolutionizing the way genetic diseases are characterized and diagnosed, and providing life-changing answers. Our end to end solutions, from sample to report, enable you to deliver world-class genomic medicine services and make important clinical decisions that transform the lives of patients and their families.
Congenica is seeking a talented, solution-orientated, Program Manager who can lead a Program Management Office (PMO) function for new projects and initiatives, owning the prioritisation and tracking of multiple, complex workstreams across the business. The right candidate will engage with all business stakeholders to manage an accurate picture of the innovation & product development roadmap, as well as the execution of large-scale commercial projects such as National Genome Programs. This is a standalone role and so the candidate will already have a developed skill set in Program Management.
- Proactively seek, clarify, and understand information from all key stakeholders to ensure all projects have a defined governance structure, with an agreed Project Charter & set of SMART deliverables
- Provide project management and direction to ensure project leads have a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path
- Work with project teams and ensure that all strategic projects are progressing and delivering agreed results on time and within budget
- Partner closely with the Technology Project Lead to gather appropriate updates on the development Roadmap
- Engage with third party service providers or partners associated with the project. Closely manage their delivery against well-defined cost, time and quality parameters.
- Conduct post project reviews to capture learnings and best practices.
- Drive adoption of PMO metrics/KPIs creation, tracking, reporting
- Provide input to the PGC process and present at Exec LT reviews as necessary
- Build a repository of PMO processes and standards that are critical to successful intake and tracking of projects
- Recognised project or programme management qualification e.g. Prince 2, MSP, APMP or PMP.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Specialist in all aspects of project management including project planning, estimating, budgetary control and RAID management (Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to negotiate, persuade and influence business decisions at senior management level
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Able to use judgement and provide sound justification for decisions
- Able to work collaboratively across an organisation, building a network of contacts both internally and externally
- Clear communication skills (verbal and written); able to represent project updates to senior leadership review meetings
- 5+ years’ experience in a Program management role, able to operate independently
- A track record of successful project delivery throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Managing projects spanning multiple business areas within an organisation
- Familiarity of working within an Agile development environment (desirable)
- Delivering projects within the LifeScience sector (desirable)